
Well, I've been inspired by my (step) sister-in-law Chalise to put together a blog so those we don't talk to every day can keep up with a day in the life of the Family Austin. Jack is now 20 weeks old but will "officially" be 5 months on December 30th. We've just entered what we like to call the "shrieking phase". His cute baby cooing has given way to something much more shrill and, well, annoying (but adorable, of course).
We know he's just "finding his voice", but we hope he will lose this particular version of it soon. Jack is also learning how to sit up by himself and roll over. He's pretty good at sitting up in his bouncy chair (like in this picture after his bath) and he is starting to love the high chair and the view it gives him of the entire kitchen. He's pretty consistent with rolling from front to back but has yet to get from his
back to his tummy. Perhaps that will be next week's new found skill. Jack and Macy are just starting to become pals. Macy has always been interested in him, but I think she moved too fast for him to really focus on her. Now that he's more in tune with the world around him, he reaches out for her- it's adorable. And Macy is adapting to her second class citizen status (though we do try to have special "Macy Time" to remind her that we still love her). We can't wait for Jack's first Christmas, although I'm sure it will be more fun for us than for him this year!
1 comment:
.......and I thought I was your inspiration!!! WHERE IS THE LOVE??? :) Jack is such a cutie. I miss him already! Oh, and don't forget to email me those pictues that we took at my moms!
Post a Comment