Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Busy Week

I know it's been a week since our last post, but we had a really busy week! Monday was Bess/Mom/Grandma's birthday party, I had a night meeting Tuesday, Ben had a work thing Wednesday night, Thursday we had dinner with Larissa and Jason, and by Friday we were pooped! Sometime during the week, I caught this shot of Jack sitting up and playing with a toy. He can't sit up for long periods of time, but lots of short stints.

Saturday Joelle and James asked us to go snowshoeing with them. It rained the whole way up to Mt. Hood, so we thought we were in for some nasty weather. Fortunately, when we got there, the rain stopped and we had great weather- we even saw the sun for about 5 minutes! We took a trail through the woods and came to a road that in the summer is paved but in the winter is a snowshoeing/cross-country skiing trail. I think we all used muscles we hadn't thought about in awhile! Here is a picture of us at our lunch spot-we put the camera on a road sign that was just above snow level, Ben set the timer and ran for it- not an easy task in snowshoes with a baby on your back! We actually got a shot better than this one, but I thought this one was the funniest- Ben looks like he's showing off his snowshoe, but really he had just arrived with the rest of us from setting up the camera! Unfortunately, you can't see Jack very well in this picture, so I included a shot of him looking over Ben's shoulder.



Jack has been eating rice and oatmeal cereal like a champ for a week or two, so we decided to take the next step yesterday. Here he is eating yams for dinner- by far the best tasting thing he has ever eaten (in my opinion). He seemed to really enjoy it and Ben enjoyed the diaper it produced this morning!


1 comment:

Heather said...

The snow hike looks like fun!!! I think I would rather be on a warm lake somewhere, though...... I can't wait for summer to get here. This cold and rainy weather is driving me crazy!! Jack is such a stud.....POST MORE PICS!!! :)